Rainbow Annual Calendar Ring
This unique and beautiful perpetual calendar, developed out of Montessori education, was designed to help children learn the rhythm of the year.
The annual calendar ring consists of 12 parts, each part represents a month of the year, and the color represents the season: green in spring, yellow in summer, red in autumn, and blue in winter.
Every Sunday, move a marble or candle one hole from left to right for the current month to represent the week.
Add one marble daily to the outer ring of 31 holes, which represent the days of the month. (You may wish to assign one color to each day of the week, for instance, Monday-purple; Tuesday-red, Wednesday-yellow, etc.)
At the end of the month, clear the ring in anticipation of the new month and move one segment forward.
Add the set of 12 decorative figures (which can also be used in our birthday ring) to represent each month of the year.
Place extra marbles or seasonal treasure found in nature in the wooden bowl at the center.
- Wooden Baseplate with 31 holes for marbles (may be flipped over to display other objects)
- 12 Wooden Sections in Frame representing each month of the year (one color for each month)
- 35 Wooden Marbles (one color for each day of the week)
- Wooden Bowl
Optional set of decorative figures includes:
- Red Tulip
- 1 Brass Candle Holder
A beautiful way to mark the seasons, celebrate birthdays, and observe the passing of the year!
- MATERIAL : Lime wood, hand-painted with non-toxic water-based color stains
- SIZE : Base is 19.25″ in diameter
- STANDARD SHIPPING ONLY : Quick-Ship and Expedited shipping are not available for this item. Allow up to 2 weeks for delivery.
- GIFT BAG : Gift bags are unavailable for this product due to the size or shape of the item.
Annual Ring, Annual Ring with Decorations